Rapid Resolutions To Employment-Based Immigration Matters

If you are seeking to hire a foreign professional worker to fill a position in the United States, your company must obtain the proper authorization and must also sponsor the foreign worker for a temporary or permanent work visa. This is just the beginning of an especially complicated legal process that a skilled immigration lawyer should guide you through.

Attorney Mary L. Field personally works with each client facing immigration issues in Illinois. From offices in Oak Brook and Gurnee, we work with small to medium-sized companies, large corporations and individuals in a variety of industries, including medicine, scientific research, computer and high-tech engineering, and software development. A number of categories exist for all types of professional workers and laborers. Ms. Field‘s advanced knowledge and specific skills in this field of law can help guide you through the bureaucracy and strict regulations in an efficient and effective manner.

Call us at 630-296-5070, or contact us online to schedule a time to discuss your needs. Ms. Field is happy to answer your questions about immigration and naturalization on several levels.

Regulations And Common Types Of Work Visas

The laws and regulations that control the employment of foreign nationals in the U.S. are lengthy and complicated. If foreign workers do not apply properly for visas, their legal work status will be denied, which is a serious problem for the employers, workers and families of workers. The process of legal application is not as simple as filling out a form. It is a process.

It is of critical importance to abide by immigration laws precisely while applying for any type of visa, including:

  • H visa: H-1B visas for professional workers in specialty occupations; H2 visas and H3 visas for specialty temporary nonagricultural workers
  • J visa: J-1 and J-2 visas for exchange visitors
  • L visa: L1-A and L1-B visas for intracompany transferees
  • E visa: for treaty traders and treaty investors
  • O visa: O-1A, O-1B and O-2 visas for extraordinary ability or internationally recognized individuals in science, education, business and athletics
  • P visa: P-1, P-1S and P-3 visas for athletes, artists, entertainers and support staff
  • R visa: for religious workers, including clergy, ministers, religious professionals and other religious workers
  • TN visa: for Canadian and Mexican NAFTA professional trade visas

We also help individuals who seek to change the form or type of their visa and workers seeking employment-based permanent residency visas in the following categories:

  • EB-1 visa: for priority workers with extraordinary ability, including professors, researchers, executives, managers and athletes — not required to obtain labor certification
  • EB-2 visa: for advanced degree professionals and professionals with extraordinary abilities in sciences, arts or business
  • EB-3 visa: for skilled workers filling positions for which qualified U.S. workers are not available
  • EB-4 visa: for special immigrants and religious workers, including broadcasters, physicians, armed forces members, international organization employees and others
  • EB-5 visa: for investors and entrepreneurs investing a minimum of $1 million or, in a targeted employment area, a minimum of $500,000 in an enterprise that will create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years

Contact Us Today To Schedule A Consultation

Ms. Field provides telephone consultations at 630-296-5070. You may also contact us online to schedule a consultation and ask us questions. Ms. Field is an Oak Brook work visa attorney available to discuss your options along with our reasonable legal rates and payment plans. Flat fees are available for select services.